QT Instruments has one of the most knowledgeable Radiation Technical Support Services Department in Singapore with over 32 years of experience in the market.
We have a comprehensive range of radiation specialized service solutions designed to optimise your operations in a safe and secure manner. We give you the peace of mind, allowing you to focus on your core business.
Our dedicated team of qualified experts, and engineers provide full radioactive support service for leakage measurement checks and verification works, repair and calibration services, isotope handling and disposal services, emergency response onsite in the healthcare and other industries where radiation detection and safety are applicable. Our expertise includes the following, but not exclusively:
Conventionally, the principle of “As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA)” has been applied to the workplace and to protect the public where radiation is present. The safety of workers, the public and the environment are of the utmost importance. In QT Instruments, we provide radiation protection services in accordance with the ALARA’s principle. Our nuclear radiation protection services include:
- Construction or Modification of existing radiation sites
- Lead Wall Integrity Check
- Leakage Measurement and Tests of Radioactive Sources and Irradiating Apparatus
- Radiation Measurement, Verification and/or Calibration
- Isotope Handling, Short-term storage & Disposal of Radioactive sources
- Removal of Radioactive sources, such as from Lightning Rod with 241Am embedded, Calibration sources, Co-60/Ce-137 equipment sources
- Relocation of Irradiators, Ionising Radiation Equipment and Disposal
- Emergency response services
- Tailored and Customized Solutions
- Radiation Training and Education
Radioactive wastes are generated during the operation and decommissioning of nuclear facilities as well as activities using radioisotopes in science, industry and medicine. Such wastes need to be managed in a way that keeps people and the environment safe over long period of time.
- Effective Disposal of Radioactive Waste
- Safe Dismantling of Nuclear Facilities
- Maintenance for Radioactive Solid and Liquid Waste Decay System
Radiation producing equipment used in some industrial applications can be a significant source of unnecessary radiation exposure to workers if the equipment is not operated and maintained to required standards. Poor X-Ray equipment performance is a significant contribution to unnecessary patient radiation exposure too.
QT Instruments provides Compliance Testing Services to address these concerns. The compliance testing services that we are providing include:
- General Radiology
- Dental X-Ray (OPG)
- CT Scanner
Nuclear facilities need to comply with relevant radiation regulations, standards, and practices. These can be a challenging and complex undertaking. QT Instruments’ radiation survey and consultancy services include:
- Radiation Survey & Consultancy for Existing and New facilities
- Hot Lab Design and Construction
- Tailored and Customized Services